At Holbrooks, we take pride in taking care of families across Coventry, ensuring healthy smiles on the faces of adults and children alike. It’s no secret that children typically aren’t thrilled with having to visit a dentist, so we do everything we can to ensure their visits are pleasant, positive and as fun as possible. We would like to invite parents to bring along their children even before their first tooth appears, to help ensure they do grow up with a positive attitude and experience of dental visits. We believe that part of our responsibility is to teach young people good dental habits from an early age so they can achieve healthy teeth for life.
Helping children achieve teeth for life
- Appointments reserved specifically for children between 3-5pm
- Examinations typically last 10 minutes
- Aim to educate children about oral hygiene from an early age
- Tips on maintaining good dental health
NHS Orthodontic Treatments
If your child’s overall wellbeing is compromised by their oral health, they may be eligible for orthodontic (brace) treatment under the NHS.
Children under the age of 18 may be eligible for treatment under the NHS if their orthodontic needs are deemed serious enough. Our dentists will regularly assess your children’s teeth and if applicable, we will refer your child to an NHS orthodontist.
The earlier the better! We encourage parents to bring their children even before their first tooth appears, so we can ensure a happy mouth as soon as possible.
Your dentist will advise you following your child’s examination, but we typically recommend visits at least once a year.
We recommend replacing a child’s toothbrush every three months. In fact, everyone should change their toothbrush every three months.
Encouraging your child to maintain a healthy dental regime starts with you, by encouraging them to:
- Brush their teeth twice a day with a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste
- Using small circular motions, to brush with a small-to-medium sized toothbrush with soft-to-medium, multi-tuffed, round-ended nylon bristles
- Consume less sugary drinks and foods
- Cleaning between their teeth with dental floss or interdental brushes
- Maintaining regular dental visits
What Happens Next?
If you’re thinking of joining Holbrooks Dental Care and would like to arrange an initial appointment, we invite you to call us on 024 7636 6115, or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you, your family and looking after your smiles!